Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter blahs

Three things to be happy about:
(1) bunny slippers
(2) eating breakfast in pajamas
(3) a tea bag and hot water

We're not even a month into winter yet, and I'm ready to yell "let me out!!"  My niece in Fayetteville, NC says it snowed all day yesterday ... AND it's headed up the east coast.  I admit it, I'm a wimp when it comes to sleet and ice - I don't mind snow too much, but sleet and ice can be treacherous. If I keep thinking "spring-spring-spring" maybe it'll help?

I made these baby birds for a quiltie swap with some of my guild members last spring.  I drew a rough outline of a bird's nest on the fabric, layered cut up strings of fabric over it and loosely stitched it down.  I'm proud to say the nest fabric was "green" - I had some odd blocks that weren't very attractive that I sliced up, also some ugly fabric is in there... just like a regular bird's nest!  I think there were about 20 of us in the swap, making for a good-sized book.


I made this post card (and the one above) for our guild's 2007 postcard of the month challenge. 


Spring showers are looking good right now!


2 comments:

  1. Well, it can't be any worse than last year in the snow department, I should think.

    Those little blocks are so sweet. Forget about going out in it and keep on sewing up a storm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your postcards.

    My daughter in NC has more snow than we have here in IL. What's wrong with this picture?

    But I'm tired of winter already too, it has been too cold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.