Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

While I was cleaning

The other day when I was cleaning I found these unfinished/abandoned blocks that I made during a hand-piecing class ...  I believe it was around 1997 or so.

The sashing is from this Jinny Beyer border print.  The teacher insisted we had to have a border print; I found almost 2 yards of it stuffed in the same bag as the blocks.


At this point I can't remember the names of all the blocks but I do remember the teacher wanted us to make a variety of patterns so we could learn different techniques such as curves...



English paper piecing, sometimes called Grandmother's Flower Garden...


Is this a Roman Cross??


This is a pretty one



I appliqued this fan to a background


I can't remember the name of this one.


I made a total of 7 blocks, I believe the intent was to make a small wall hanging.  I won't make any more of these, but I do mean to put together the ones I did do.  Whether it's to be a wall hanging or a lap quilt, I don't know, but I do know it won't be hand-pieced.

2 comments:

  1. Seven is an interesting number to arrange. That stripe for sashing and borders should work well. Be sure to show us how it ends up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.