Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, January 24, 2011

How's This For Nostalgia?

My friend Pat sent me this nostalgia list and I thought I'd share it with you.  See how many you can remember:

Do you remember when all the girls had ugly gym uniforms?
It took three minutes for the TV to warm up?
When a quarter was a decent allowance; you'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny? 

You got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped, without asking, all for free, every time? And you didn't pay for air? And, you got trading stamps to boot?
Laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box?

When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited the student at home?
Summers filled with bike rides, Hula Hoops, and visits to the pool?

You were told to be home by the time the street lights came on, and when they did all your friends made a mad dash for home?

---------------
Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, 'Yeah, I remember that'?  Now, how many of these do you remember?

candy cigarettes
 Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside. 
 Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles.
 Coffee shops with table side Jukeboxes.
 Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum. 
Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers. 
 Newsreels or cartoons before the movie.
Telephone numbers with a word prefix...( Yukon 2-601). Party lines. 
 Peashooters.

If you can remember most or all of these, Then You Have Lived!!!!!!!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't think you were that old! How about the party line where you shared the phone with several other families and only used it for emergencies? And every time some quilting friend goes bonkers over feed sacks I think how bonkers I went over "real" fabric for making clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of myself as so old - but I remember all of these - we were proud to finally have a phone when I was 15 (even though it was long distance to everyone we knew).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lived! Though we didn't have milk bottle deliveries... we had a couple milk cows. : )

    Wow, that was a fun trip down memory lane! Thanks!

    ~ Ronda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.