Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, January 10, 2011

Three happy things and two happy quilts

Hello new followers, I'm glad to see you!!  *big grin*

Three things to be happy about:
(1) fabrics in bright colors
(2) bright, frosty mornings
(3) a red cardinal in the snow

I love, love fabrics in bright colors!  I'm always on the lookout for them, and every October on the fabric-shopping trip to Sauder's and Zook's I look for brights.  I made this 60x70 throw in 2008 from some of the bright fabrics in my collection; I bought the patterns years and years ago at a quilt show.

I called this one A House of a Different Color, and it's paper pieced (are you seeing a trend???)  There are only three basic patterns, but I altered them a bit for variety.  For example, blocks 4, 6, and 7 are the same, but altered.  Here are some of the blocks close up:

One house

Another house


and a church!

This 51x65 quilt is from Bonnie Hunter's "boxy stars" pattern that I made for my sister Ruby when she was going through chemo.  I used mostly African fabrics and the same off-white fabric for the background. 


Here are a couple closeups:


The block above looks on-point, doesn't it? 

I made this one rather quickly - I named it Foxy Stars because of that little critter in the border (is that a dog? or staghound? or what??)  I'll have to make another one of these for myself because I promised this one to my sister Michelle.  Until later...

1 comment:

  1. beautiful Quilts. I love the rename of the stars quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.