Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, December 16, 2010

VitaTops!

But why do spirits walk the earth, and why do they come to me?'
'It is required of every man,' the Ghost returned, 'that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. It is doomed to wander through the world-oh, woe is me!-and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness.'

A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
* * * * * * * *
I've developed a taste for VitaTops!

I can't remember how I discovered them, but you can order them online or get them locally.  In the DC area the Giant Supermarket and Target carry them in the frozen food section, near the shelf where you find those veggie burgers *cough*. 

My personal opinion, I think VitaTops are tasty, especially CranBran and AppleBran: only 100 calories each, low sodium, low fat, 5g fiber.  Great for a snack; sometimes I eat one at lunch with a green salad  Actually, what they are, are carb-friendly muffin tops.



I made a few more iPod holders after I got home from work yesterday, they really work up fast.  For these I used batiks and I made them 1/2" narrower than the first ones, and I didn't see any significant difference in how my iPod fit in there.  I did notice, though, that when I went to turn them right side out, it was just a smidgen tighter but that's no biggie!

I'll take them to work and sew on the buttons and they'll be finished!  It probably would have been a lot easier if I had just used the same fabrics for all of them, but I wanted all of them to be different, what can I say?

And now, gentle reader ... I have a request that only you can grant!  If you are in the DC area and are singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" or "Baby It's Cold Outside" or "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow"... would you please stop!  I think the weather man is calling for a possibility of snow before the end of the week, let's not encourage him!!

Until later
Linda

1 comment:

  1. You are probably wanting a dry and not so cold winter after last year. We missed the biggest part of last night's storm and another inch is plenty, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.