Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Digging out

Not me, not me!  We got less than an inch of snow in DC but lots and lots of wind, power lines being blown down, an entire tree was toppled in one area not too far from where I live.  I went out to the store around noon yesterday and it was very very cold and windy.

My sister in New Jersey sent me pictures of the great dig-out at her house, I'm sure she won't mind me sharing these.  In this picture she's at the bottom of her steps ... lots of snow! 


In the picture below you can barely see her as she tunnels towards the sidewalk.  Notice the snow-covered car across the street!
 


I think these were taken Sunday.  As I write this there are still people stranded at Dulles and Reagan National airports waiting for flights out ... they could fly out, but airports along the Eastern seaboard can't land them. 

Well that's all for now, maybe I'll get some sewing in this weekend - I'm falling behind!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thats worse than my little flood. I can't image having to live with snow or having to dig out. Poor Sis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.