Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More retreat blocks

"Spirit!" said Scrooge in a broken voice, "remove me from this place."
"I told you these were shadows of the things that have been," said the Ghost. "That they are what they are, do not blame me!"
"Leave me! Take me back. Haunt me no longer!"
He was conscious of being exhausted, and overcome by an irresistible drowsiness; and, further, of being in his own bedroom....and had barely time to reel to bed, before he sank into a heavy sleep.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
* * * * * * * *
The days just don't seem long enough!  Today is Winter Solstice, so we start getting one minute more of daylight every day until Summer Solstice, where we start losing a minute every day.  But hey, I'm glad for the one-minute gain right now!  They're calling for more snow before Christmas, but they've been wrong before [crossing fingers].  Yesterday was cold, but sunny... it was sunny - if that makes a difference! 

For our Scrapbagger's retreat in Deep Creek in April, each person had to choose a block from a list that our fearless leader (Carolyn) gave us and make a bunch to swap with everybody else. We were given a half-yard of focus fabric, a piece of which had to be included in each block.  What a challenge!  I call her "fearless" because pulling together a retreat can not be an easy job!

All blocks came from Quilter's Cache; mine is called Wavy Navy... 7 down, 10 to go!  I believe it's okay to post this because it was not a secret project - we do have one assigment (a pass-it-along story) that she specifically said is a secret, so I won't mention that.  Another assignment is to make a quilt on a specific subject - Carolyn, I promise not to blog [blab] about it, LOL. 

Hello followers, it's good to see all of you! [waving and grinning]. 

Sew forth and sew on
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.