Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, December 17, 2010

A few of my favorite things

"You will be haunted," resumed the Ghost, "by Three Spirits.... Expect the first tomorrow, when the bell tolls one.  Expect the second on the next night at the same hour.  The third upon the next night when the last stroke of twelve has ceased to vibrate...." A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

* * * * * *
At this time of the year I always look forward to seeing my favorite movies on TV... It's a Wonderful Life and The Polar Express are two of them. 

There are three scenes in The Polar Express that I just love... one is the Hot Chocolate scene on the train, those waiters have it all together! 

In one part, at the North Pole, they're waiting for Santa to appear, and some of the elves are harnessing the reindeer for the sleigh, and I tell you those feisty reindeer are jumping and leaping all over the place!  Everybody's singing, the elves are climbing over each other to get a good view, they're playing the trumpets... and when Santa finally appears they go wild!!  That's a really kewl scene.

Another scene is when the elves are filling Santa's bag with toys and they discover the main 4 kids in the bag, they tell this know-it-all kid to have a good trip [or "don't slip" or whatever] and boot his tail out.  Then they're loading Santa's bag on the sleigh when it gets stuck on the star at the top of this humongous Christrmas tree, then the parachute crew has to use ropes to guide it down.  I really like that movie!

Yesterday we were under a winter weather advisory - definitely NOT one of my favorite things!  I left the office shortly after 1:00 and got home (usually a 35-40 minute trip) at around 2:45.  The roads were so slippery, even at my top speed of 25 mph I skidded a couple times when I stopped at a red light.  Scary, I tell ya!  Isn't it funny how you don't notice those little hills until they're covered in snow or ice?  The good news is, they called off the advisory but now they're saying we may get more this weekend anyway.  I know I'm whining, but we're not supposed to get snow until January  :o*(

I didn't get any sewing time in yesterday, sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Linda

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.