Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, December 11, 2010

A lazy Friday

"Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that....Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail." Excerpt from A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens.
* * * * * * * * * *

Have you ever had one of those days when you know you should be doing something -- housework, laundry, shopping, de-cluttering -- but you just don't want to?  Me either!  ;o) 

Well, I didn't de-clutter or do housework or laundry, but I did go to Hancock Fabrics to pick up a throat plate from my favorite sewing machine repairman.  I misplaced or lost the one that came with my Singer Touch n Sew when I bought it way back in the last century ... 1971 to be exact.  That machine has so many good qualities, even after almost 40 years!

I wanted to play with my fabric, keep it moving from point A to point B, so I worked on my retreat projects and made a few more string blocks.  I don't have any real plans for these blocks yet, my first thought was to cut them in half and use them as a scrappy border.  They are trimmed to 9-1/2  inches square, simply because that's the size of the square ruler I had. 


Meanwhile I'll keep making these blocks whenever I don't want to "think" or follow a pattern; no pressure, no deadline.  I might start another batch that are color coordinated or all lights, in case I want to do Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll, Cotton Boll mystery sometime later. 

Well, that was my lazy day, I hope you had one too!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.