Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, December 15, 2011

wonky testing

Three things to be annoyed about:
(1) drivers who sit thru a traffic light then signal for a left turn when it turns green
(2) drivers who slow waaaaaaaay down when approaching a speed camera, then put their foot in the tank after they pass it
(3) [see #2 above]


Yesterday was one of those days when I didn't [really want to] get a lot of sewing done.  Some days are like that! 

I did make a test block for the Wonky House swap though...
I redrafted this pattern but I'm not sure I like making it in the larger size, you use way too much fabric in some spots trying to align it.  I'll call this "1" for counting purposes, but I don't think I'll make another one of these, unless I do something else creative with the size.  We'll see!

I couldn't resist going to Hancock Fabrics just one more time yesterday

I was hoping they'd slashed the prices again, but just barely!  All the Christmas fabrics were gone except for a very few and some Halloween fabrics, there was a bit of fleece and flannel left, mostly in childrens' prints.


If I were into making a lot of bags, I could have gotten a good deal on their upholstery fabrics, what was left of it!  Their notions wall was down to the bare bones too


They sold all their rotary cutter blades except the wavy ones; I've seen those the last two times I went in, I bought one years ago and didn't particularly like it.  You can see some bias tape makers still hanging up there too; hand and sewing machine needles are all gone.  There were a few buttons on another wall.

I was surprised at the amount of Sulky threads left, though.  Lots of metallics as well as rayon, but they were still listed at 60% off.   They need to drop the prices to 75% off, in my opinion.

After buying some more neutral fabric that I liked and a 12-1/2" ruler, I couldn't believe how late it was - I was 'sposed to meet a friend for lunch in Rockville in about 10 minutes, yikes! 

I made it about 20 minutes late, but she was cool with it, I had one of those buy-one-get-one-free coupons.  I got the ribs and decided to try their mashed cauliflower, which I'd never had before.


Well... the ribs were okay but I didn't like the cauliflower!


Have a great Thursday; sew forth and sew on

5 comments:

  1. Yeah wonky house! Your monkey looks happy though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of faux mashed taters either... something about it just ain't right.

    Love the wonky monkey house... can you make it the mansion on the block and put smaller houses nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wonky house. I signed up for the swap after I saw it here. We are going to be in the same group. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI - I heard that you can get the blades which fit your rotary cutter at Harbor Freight Tools at a very reasonable price. If there is one near you, you get great coupons each week in the local newspaper. I haven't been there yet to price the blades, but plan to go the next time I get a good coupon or see them on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that is a colorful house to join that neighbourhood you have been creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.