Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, December 31, 2011

A bit of O'Bay seasoning

We're really starting to mix it up now! 

Yesterday Bonnie released Part 7 of the Quiltville Orca Bay Mystery, and it's a doozie!  Crab soup, anyone?

We're using the units we made in the last step, and also the red strings we made in Part 4 to make flying geese blocks which, if you squint your eyes, look like wee crabs!


There's another step to this part which involves cutting more fabric but I'm not in a cutting mood right now.  They're just neutral half-square triangles that we have to combine with the angles from the last Part, but I don't wanna [whine, whine]. 

So - I've stuck with piecing the flying crabs!  I've only done six so far, but I've had fun arranging them in different ways...

Aren't these great?  They're giving me ideas for future quilt layouts!



That's it for now on these, I can't wait to see the final step that Bonnie will release on New Year's day - almost a week early!

As always, take a look at the Monday Mystery Link Up page for more design ideas.

Sew forth and sew on

8 comments:

  1. Love those flying crabs. I hope the finished design is as great as your own arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need a break from this myself. Looking forward to the finale' myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be some quilt! Looking forward to seeing the completion!Flying crabs, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh...I can see the crabs -- never woulda thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good and I can see the flying crabs! This has been a wonderful mystery quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what you could call your quilt!
    Are you finding these blocks once joined to the string squares make a row much longer than the Ohio Star rows?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your layout- I am confessing not that thrilled with Bonnie's- sorry! Good work- it's very fun looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way your quilt is turning out!! Great Job!! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.