Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oh my stars!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a song in your heart
(2) overnight trips
(3) comments from my readers

Thanks!

Every now and again I have a no-sew day, you ever have one of those?  But I've been plugging away at my Orca Bay mystery bits and pieces and I'm making progress - Part 6 is all done! 
28 stars with light backgrounds, and 28 with black backgrounds for a total of 56 stars, waiting for their next step!

Meanwhile, I'm still sewing anglets for Part 5 and I have a bunch more done.  It helps to pay attention, though - this is what can happen when you sew with one eye on the television

the black is against the wrong side of the HST block!


Then you unsew it and sew it on again, repeating the same mistake at least 3 more times...

See what I'm up against?  That's why I say I'm "plugging away" at these, LOL.  I'll be done tomorrow though, in time for the next part.

Well, it's errands for me today, looks like a nice day for it!  Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Sew forth and sew on



6 comments:

  1. Linda, I have had several no-sew days recently. Sometimes life is just too busy to find sewing time. But I am always gathering inspiration for sewing.

    I like your "happy list." Comments from my readers make me really happy too.
    The Orca bay is looking mighty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my sashing project laid out on the floor so I can see how it looks...changed the sashing color to one that "pops" a little more. Now to square up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed that you are getting this done so quickly. Amazing patience for little pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the day/night star settings - and sticking to the flappers is the way to get them done - slow and steady, no real race. Love watching the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those star blocks look great. Even by hand with no TV going, I sometimes need to re-sew a seam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.