Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Too precious not to share

A coworker sent me these pictures that I want to share with you today, they're so precious!  Somehow this baby fawn got separated from his mom ...


"I can't find my Mom, would it be okay if I hung around with you guys?"

He's not scared of the "big guys" at all ... very inquisitive. And the horses don't seem to mind.

After the horses moved on, the doe came for her fawn. So all is well, in case you were wondering...

Yesterday evening I actually got some more strips cut for last month's UFO (African Ribbons), not too exciting but necessary.  I dampened some fabric 2 weeks ago and, because I knew I wouldn't have time to press it the same day, I tucked it away in the freezer.  Well, you guessed it - I got busy, life got in the way and I forgot all about it.  I was looking in there for something and wondered what in the world was that in the plastic baggie! 

Just sew you know, if you can't get around to pressing dampened fabric in a reasonable amount of time, you can place it in the freezer to prevent mildew or other funny looking spots.  I wouldn't leave it in there too long though, it might pick up food odors!  Sew forth and sew on til later...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, memories....when I was younger and in the days of ironing CLOTHES, my mom would sprinkle them and put them in the freezer until she had the time to iron. Some things never change......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. I have never tried the freezer, but have heard of using that method before. I love to iron/press, so when I need things done, I go right to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are priceless! I bet that last one would place in a photography contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the days when we ironed everything, and I was the resident ironer, until Mother got a mangle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was younger I always put my sprinkled clothes in the freezer. They ironed smoother or so I thought. This brought some old memories of my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember putting my pantyhose in the freezer, my mother-in-law had told me that it did something to the fibers and made them last longer and me...being anxioius to please, took her word on it and if I forgot to take them out, often had to put very chilly pantyhose on as I rushed to get ready for work. LOL

    Awww, love the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.