Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
******
sheesh, how depressing!  That song by the Carpenters isn't how I felt yesterday but boy it sure started out dark and gloomy with all the rain we had early in the morning.  I kept my blinds closed until the sun came out, then it turned out to be a really pretty day. 

Do people ever really hear the words to some of those songs?  I don't mean the real ones like we had back in the day, I mean the songs you hear now, that go like pah! pah-pah p-pah!  What does that actually mean?  Do I really want to know??  Probably not.

I wasn't depressed, but a good laugh is always a good laugh...
I wonder how many miles he gets per shoe??

"Oh darn, I thought I bought groceries... and where's my purse??"

And this, dear readers, is what made me finally decide to go ahead and retire:
that white-out works just fine if you don't use the scroll button!

Moving right along...

Thanks everyone for your good wishes on my 100th post!  What that means is, 100 posts ago I sat here at the pc and asked myself  "Are you sure you want to start a blog?  What if nobody comes to read it??"  It also means I sat here at least 99 times since then and wrote stuff and guess what - you came!  Thanks everybody!! I didn't keep a log of the time but I wonder how much it amounts to?  How much time do you all spend on one post, on the average?? 

Moving along again...

Now that Spring has sprung, I need to start my landscaping in the front yard before it gets hot.  This year I won't be using the kids from the summer youth program; last year they were supposed to have planted grass in my flower box (between the sidewalk and street) but that didn't work out.  For days after they were done I'd stand there like a doofus and spray it with the hose, and I saw these little green things coming up... then found out it was weeds!  Those rascals didn't plant any of my seeds after they cleared the area.

This year I'm doing it myself, I don't care if the program has to keep them busy!  They can be busy someplace else.  Mama always said if you want something done right, do it yourself.  ;o)

Sew forth and sew on til later...

4 comments:

  1. Great photos - good morning chuckles. We had snow yesterday - yes, that was depressing! Hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, dear, Linda. You are now added to my list of what gets me going in the morning. I can't get started until I have read your blog. You say a lot of what I am thinking in an amusing way. Gotta run now. Got arns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, What a great way to start my day (after being shaken awake by an after-quake)Bring on the next 100!! Oh yes, and we had a kid living with us who complained I always watch the same boring tv, discovery and Nt'l geo. Then he grabs the remote and checks out the music channels which have songs with no real words repeated on the same three notes! Todays kids don't have any idea of what songs are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    I love a good laugh and this one had me ROF!! I love the bicycle with the tennis shoes LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.