Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, October 30, 2017

Those annoying no-sew days

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a sweet treat
(2) Monday mornings
(3) the end of a storm

Boy oh boy did it storm last night!  But I think it's all gone now; we have a lot of leaves in the street but no limbs or branches -  at least not on my street.

I think I found a new definition for "no-sew" days -- they're not only days when you don't sew, but days when you DO sew but nothing goes right.  It's like your mojo deserted you, so if I have one it sure as heck wasn't working yesterday!

I made another "potato chip" bag yesterday, but this time I wanted to make it larger so I added two inches to all the measurements.

I also increased the size of the boxed corners by 1/2", that was okay but I should have realized that it added a whole inch to the overall size of the boxed corners.

Well, I learned a few things that I'll do differently next time.  For example, it's okay to increase the corners but I should leave the pockets the same size. 

You can't see it, but the front pocket goes down a bit too far, affecting the shape of the bottom.  And the width sorta wraps around the sides a bit.  The pockets don't really need to be larger than the pattern calls for.

Actually everything else looks okay though. 

The flap looks larger than the purse but it's the same size as the front and back, so it's those pesky pockets that jigged the deal.



So now I have two purses! 

Wish I had reversed the fabrics, and used that darker Alexander Henry fabric for the flap though...

Oh well, there's always another bag waiting to be made!

Have a great Monday, sew forth and sew on til later ...

3 comments:

  1. "This is a learning experience that will contribute to your personal development," says a friend. LOL! Your bags look great, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great fabrics. You would never know the problems you had from the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live & learn--That's my motto. Now, if I could only remember the "learn" part. Still, I love both f thos bags. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.