Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, October 9, 2017

Bigger and better

Three things to be happy about:
(1) coconut juice
(2) learning another way to fix hamburger
(3) shredding old papers

My mail carrier is still wearing her uniform shorts, my neighbors on both sides are still running their AC.  It IS October, right??  Just saying...


I hung a larger moon behind my couple, what a difference two inches makes!

Pulling out one of the Accuquilt circle dies (which I've never used) seemed like a good idea, but to get the perfect size I had to go "old school" - the bottom of a popcorn tin!

Just goes to show ya.



Taking advantage of some of Jennifer's scraps! 

I wanted to add grass to the bottom of the piece ...


But it doesn't add anything to the overall effect does it?  Especially since the fabrics I used make them look like they're standing atop a ruffled skirt.  Out it goes!

On the other hand removing the shadow beneath their feet didn't take anything away from the overall effect, thank goodness!



Looking good.  See, they don't have to dance on the grass, they can dance in the air, right up to the moon!

I've started adding the hourglass borders, I want to have two rounds on each side.  After I got this on the design wall I sorta wished I'd made the hourglass units smaller, 3" rather than 4". 

I pieced way too many already, it's a bit late to let my mind go there!

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely better without the ground. I like the effect of dancing on air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, definitely better with the bigger moon. glad you ditched the green.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.