Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, October 18, 2017

That little house quilt

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a denim jacket
(2) a new resource
(3) WALL-E

Watching WALL-E as I'm preparing this post, that's the cutest movie ever!

For the past couple days I've been trundling through my fabric inventory, deciding how to use what, and where to place it in the meantime.  That's not a small task, I tell you what!

Decided to put a border on that little house quilt so I can finish it ...



yuck, too dark!

 Needs to be brighter



A bit too Halloween-y.

For some reason brown is sticking in my head



Too dark though




This one??






Good choice!

I think that shade of brown sets off the many colors of the houses, and it works well with the black sashing.

Also, the little poke-y dots echo the happy theme of the houses.



That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later

2 comments:

  1. I like the border you chose. Cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, i'm with you -- that border really does suit that quilt just right! what's not to love about polka dots?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.