Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's always those little things...

Three things to be happy about:
(1) remembering the coupons
(2) broccoli slaw
(3) sleeping under a quilt you made

It's that time of year again, when the nights are downright chilly. I keep a quilt on my bed year round, but the last two nights are the first time I've actually slept under it.  Sears and K-Mart, eat your hearts out!



Speaking of eating, my favorite home made snack lately is a combination of raw almonds (I get the large bag from Costco), California raisins and small chunks of crystallized ginger.







Sometimes I add a few English walnuts if I have em.

Snacky-licious!


SO I finished the quilting on that pesky top! 

I put in a new needle before I started, so I knew that wasn't the problem.  Then a light bulb went off  - I adjusted my thread tension and the problem disappeared. 

Why do the small things always gang up to make you feel stupid??




For the binding I used this very ugly "why did I buy it" Christmas fabric.

I mean, blue? 

Really?







Doesn't look too too bad cut up though  ...



And not too too bad attached to the quilt... 

I mean, alongside that very ugly red and green "why did I buy it" Christmas fabric!

I believe it'll fly.


Sew forth and sew on

4 comments:

  1. Great job Linda, looking forward to seeing this quilt if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy "Christmas Fabrics" -or any other holiday - because they are too limited in use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Bonnie Hunter says, if you think it's ugly just cut it into smaller pieces. (Actually, I've used blue in Christmas quilts with success.) GORP (good old raisins and peanuts) -- or in your case GORA -- is a tasty combination indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I love those churn dashes. and what a great use of, as you say, "why did I buy it" fabric. perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.