Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, October 12, 2017

Last Rounds

Three things to be  happy about:
(1) silent auctions
(2) caramel corn
(3) something passed down from your grandmother

A few months ago someone told me about the great prices at Marshall Dry Goods, so  I ordered 4 pieces of fabric that were on sale.  They arrived on a VERY rainy day in a white cardboard Fed Ex envelope with one corner so wet it had almost disintegrated.  Sure enough, that edge of all the fabrics had gotten soaked because they weren't protected in plastic. 

I emailed Marshall and described myself as "a new but very dissatisfied customer."  I never got a reply, so after washing the fabrics (they weren't ruined, only wet) I just moved right along. 

Less than a week later I got another package in the mail, same white Fed Ex envelope, containing these two pieces - still with no plastic bag or liner - with a message to call them regarding back order of the other two pieces.

Say what??

Long story short they wanted to replace the damaged fabric, the other two back ordered pieces would be sent in about two weeks.  I told him there was no need to replace the other two pieces, but placing fabrics in a plastic bag would have prevented water damage.

That's probably more info than you wanted but hey, it's free! (The info, not the fabric).  Would I buy more fabric from them?  Yep!

I needed to cut more hourglass units for the border of Dancing in the Moonlight and I wanted to infuse some different fabric. 

That Happy New Year's piece I bought?  It plays well with the other neutrals!



Sewing twosies into foursies, foursies become part of the border design!

The only thing about introducing new fabrics near the end of piecing is that they can all end up in practically the same place. 

No biggie.


I'm remembering my leaders and enders! 

I started some split nine patch blocks when I was asked by my guild to demonstrate making two quilts at once - leader/ender style. 

This was a great opportunity to get more of those pieced and build up my collection.


Well that's it for now, have a great Thursday.  If you're someplace wet, stay dry; if you're someplace dry, stay hydrated.  Sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. Linda you are going to get me in trouble for sure. I have never heard of Marshall Dry Goods before reading your blog. Now I know they exist!! Oh my goodness, what kind of magical place is that? I am going to set aside some time to explore their site more thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about Marshalls. Off to check them out. Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of them to replace the fabric but come on guys, you missed the whole point......sheesh! doncha just love leaders & enders. I just finished a top that was entirely l&e! it was going to be a charity quilt but I love it too much to give it away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.