Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, October 6, 2017

Breast cancer awareness month

Three things to be happy about
(1) bright sunshine with cool breezes
(2) the Statue of Liberty
(3) Stephen Colbert

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness of breast cancer risks, the value of screening and early detection, and treatment options.  As a comfort for women who have had a mastectomy, our Bee is donating heart-shaped pillows to Sibley Hospital to be used as an underarm support during healing.



As I was going through the pictures on my camera I realized that although we did this months ago, this month is a very appropriate time for sharing.



The pattern was provided by Sibley Hospital ... place the middle line on the fabric fold and cut out one for the front and another for the back - very very easy!




Sewing and sewing ...




Lots of pretty combinations - the fabric doesn't have to be pink!



Stuffing ...




... and stuffing!



The first batch!

We placed them into clear plastic gift bags, tied with a pink ribbon.

More will be taken to the hospital this month; it always feels good to do good!


Sew forth and sew on

3 comments:

  1. Thank you and your guild members, from myself and all the other breast cancer survivors. It's wonderful to feel good by doing good. People like you, cancel out all the bad in the world. Bless you, Toni Anne ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearts seem like the perfect way to send love. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thoughtful. I'm sure those pillows will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.