Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, October 11, 2017

More retreat goodness

Three things to be happy about:
(1) antique clocks
(2) playing dress-up
(3) Monopoly

There were so many activities and projects at my guild's retreat last month, I can easily float along on them to the end of the calendar year and beyond!


This round robin group project was fun, and I was falling behind until I learned the secret!  (Shhhhh!  Can't tell you what it is!)

Each person created a center block beforehand which was passed around to the other five members of the group, getting a different colored border added each time.




Gyleen Fitzgerald of Colourful Stitches did a one-day workshop on using her polygon tool and "butterfly seam" technique for set-in seams to turn the tumbling block pattern into a star block.

Her pattern is called "It Takes Seven Sisters."



I chose a variety of African fabrics and recycled shirts from Goodwill to make my project. 

I got three stars finished during the workshop ...  *hoping it won't end up in Area 51 (UFO)!





Jennifer is making the more complex, larger version of the quilt, using the bigger polygon tool.




This is the quilt - quite pretty!




And here we are ... 

The blocks we finished during the workshop look nice together!



Have a great Wednesday everyone, sew forth and sew on

2 comments:

  1. Interesting what can be done even with one pattern idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky lady -- i would LOVE to be able to take a class with Gyleen Fitzgerald!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.