Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, October 5, 2017

Two finishes

Three things to be happy about:
(1) apple butter
(2) quilt shows
(3) colorful backdrops




I got the binding sewed down on the churn dash service quilt, just have to add the label.

The ugly fabric I used for the binding seems to blend right in!




I never showed the finished version of the star quilt that I was working on a few months ago.  

Made entirely of strings, the stars were created by placement of the HST string blocks.



I added a light string border around the stars, and to avoid having a square quilt I placed one row on the sides and two at the top and bottom. 

Can you see the quilting detail?  It was quilted by Missouri Star, I can't remember the name of the pattern though.



I used their backing fabric, they have a lot to choose from.  

With so much scrappiness going on on the front, it didn't really matter what color I used so I just chose the least expensive one!

See the patriotic words?  I love em!

Done!

Sew forth and sew on


3 comments:

  1. Finishes are the best! (Someday I hope to finish something...*grin*)
    I love your string stars quilt. Those string borders work perfectly, letting those stars really shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.