Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Christmas (quilt) parade

Merry Christmas, everybody!

I have four Christmas quilts I want to share with you today!

For years and years I wanted to make myself a Christmas quilt, but by the time I would think of it, it was always too late for that particular Christmas, so it didn't happen.  Finally in 2012 I jumped right in and made one -
My Christmas quilt
If you've been reading my blog for awhile you know that I made this by creating several blocks that I liked, in the sizes I liked, and arranged the way I liked - then just filled in the empty spaces with more traditional blocks.  You can read about it here; if you want to see all the creative process, search my blog for "Christmas quilt" and you'll find more posts. 

Christmas Pines, 34x34


I made this one in 2002, red and white log cabins create a striped effect in the border - and that was before I discovered Bonnie Hunter's scrappy-licious blog!


Here's a closeup of the quilting:
The only quilting I even attempted to do back then was meandering/stippling!

Another project is a small one:
Christmas candle
I made this little wall hanging a couple years ago and I like it (it looks like there's a yellowish stain, but it's the lighting).

I made scrap yardage from whites and off whites for the background, then appliqued the candle on top of it - you can read about it here and here.  If you want more design process details, search "candle" on my blog. 

Finally, one that's still a flimsy:

I made it when I was teaching a cobblestone workshop at my Bee.  I might make a point to quilt it in time for next Christmas!

That's it for now; I'm joining Bonnie Hunter's Very Merry Happy Holiday Linky party - check out the links, there's some good stuff on there!

May your day be merry and bright - sew forth and sew on til later!


4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, Linda. I hope your day is filled with love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have many Christmases to enjoy those special treats ... and make more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made several Christmas quilts but gave them away. I made last year's Mystery with Christmas themed scraps here and there. It's like an I Spy. I used some Christmas Fabric, Not the traditional Red/Green, for a Lone Star that was a flimsy for quite a while. I couldn't decide what to use for the corner squares. My Christmas quilts are in the link-up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I'm just now starting on my first one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.