Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, December 19, 2014

Spinning star progress, an outing

Three things to be happy about:
(1) baked cornbread w/jalopena
(2) gingerbread muffins
(3) a new adventure

Looks like somebody's hungry!



Lest you think I'm a slacker (*grin*) here's evidence that I've been working on the Texas Tumbleweeds quilt!

I started putting together the units for the spinning star block - looking good!


Yesterday my friend Sandy and I decided to visit a Bee that meets at the Theodore R. Hagans Cultural Center located in the Ft. Lincoln townhome complex in Northeast DC.

Welllll ... the bee - The Quiltables - no longer meets there!  They moved their meeting place in November to a location near the Anacostia Museum in Southeast DC, yikes!  Not gonna trek across town!

BUT - there were some beautiful dolls on display, made by a local artist who does them just for the pleasure of making dolls.

Aren't these beautiful??!





so much talent!

But, a bright spot in our afternoon is this great bag-o-scraps gifted to me by Sandy!
so much possibility, I love em!

That's it for now, got Verizon coming in a few minutes to try and see - for the 4th time - why my caller ID doesn't work.  They uninstalled/reinstalled it twice remotely, now maybe the physical, hands-on approach will work.

Sew forth and sew on til later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.