Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, December 22, 2014

Making friends with my Brother

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a good decision
(2) listening to The Carol of the Bells
(3) a new calendar

Last week I was determined to make friends with my Brother.  What!??  No no no - not the little doodie-head I grew up with - nuh-uh!

We're talking about my Brother LB-6770 computerized sewing and embroidery machine!

I saw this machine at Costco and talked myself out of getting it, then over the next two days I talked myself into getting it, so back I went to Costco.  BUT... just that quick they were all gone, eeek!  Checked Costco online and boy o boy, they had it!  I couldn't wait to get this machine -  the price was good, it did embroidery, it had a gazillion stitches - just HAD to have it!

It came within a couple days, I opened er up, looked at all the shiny new stuff, put er back in the box, and there she sat - since January 2010!

This isn't my first experience with a computerized machine - on each of the quilters' cruises I took we were supplied with really nice Janome machines, and each time it was the latest model, new out the box.

But my go-to machines til now have been my Singer Touch n Sew purchased in 1970, or the Janome Sewist 521 that I use for bee or guild meetings - hardly computerized!

I like being able to set the stitch length on the screen; it took a bit of trial and error but now it's set!  The upper and lower tension is so much easier to fix than on my Singer.

Automatic needle threader - yes!  Accurate quarter-inch seams - saved in memory!

I always had an issue with the quarter-inch seam on the Janome, so I only used it for things where the seam wasn't crucial.

I haven't tried out any of the other 66 stitches yet, for now good ole straight stitch is all I need!

Embroidery isn't something I've ever done before, but that treat will wait til I'm ready.  The main thing is - I made friends with my Brother and I like him a lot!  Why didn't I do this sooner???

And last but not least, here's a timely tip:


If you haven't picked up your calendars for 2015 yet, and if you can wait til New Year's day, you can get nice calendars at half price from Jo-Ann fabrics. 

When I got mine this year they had a pretty good selection left and I was seeing them at this particular store for about a month, so you should be able to find something you like!

That's it for now, have a great Monday, get those Christmas projects finished - sew forth and sew on til later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.