Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, December 12, 2014

Ladders and cabins

Three things to be happy about:
(1) photos of childhood
(2) armchair travel
(3) tickets to an event


I've started putting together the ladder blocks for the Texas Tumbleweeds quilt I started on the November Caribbean cruise with Bonnie Hunter.

These go together fast if the units are ready and waiting to sew - hat's off to Bonnie's method of making quilts that have lots of pieces and parts!




And because it's not a race or under a deadline - and also because I was tripping over my bag-o-strings - I made a few more of the string-y log cabin blocks.

I used a 12-1/2" square ruler to trim these up, simply because it was a ruler I had.  That very middle starting piece was made from 'bonus triangle' trimmings.

What freedom to just sew strips without looking out for a strict quarter inch seam - I love em!

That's it for now; do something that makes you (or someone else) feel great today - sew forth and sew on til later!


4 comments:

  1. Both piles of blocks bring a smile to my face - especially those logs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the Texas Tumbleweeds together. I agree, those logs make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing with strings is so delightful and I love the freedom that comes from playing. You've got a great selection of lights but I LOVE that fabric with the hot pink and green snails. From the look on that green snail's face you know there's got to be a story there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.