Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, May 4, 2014

Quilt show goodness

Three things to be happy about:
(1) spring weather
(2) taking your time
(3) a quilt show

Oh my it's been awhile since I posted!  I'm pleased to return with quilt show eye goodies  :O)

Friday Sandy and I went to the Faithful Circle quilt show in Columbia, Maryland - what a pleasant outing with beautiful weather.

The Faithful Circle quilters always put on a great show, this year was no exception.  I was fascinated with the pictorial(?) quilts, such attention to detail!  You can tell I'm fascinated by the way my mouth is hanging open (Sandy, why didn't you tell me to close my mouth for the photo??)



This quilter wanted to capture the memory of her husband's proposal of marriage - I love it!

Speaking of memories, this quilter was cleaning out her father's shed and found boxes of his old military uniforms... she wanted to toss it but he said "No, I need that!"  I just love the way she incorporated parts of his uniforms into this quilt for him:



see how she used the pockets and epaulets and insignia?  How did I NOT get a full view shot of this quilt??  There was a strip where she incorporated part of a shirt's button placket - very clever!

This guild has a large number of applique lovers, there were so many appliqued beauties!



Twas the night before Christmas...

So much vibrant color!



I'll stop at this point lest you go into page overload!  I have a few more shots to share with you later - sew forth and sew on til then!

4 comments:

  1. Wow just from what you showed here I can tell they put on a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back, Linda. And thanks for the quilt show. Love the last one you show with the tessellated cats. How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you sure made up for lack of posts in this one. Looks like a show not to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for sharing. I have to agree with you, I find pictorial quilts fascinating. And what a clever use for the old uniforms -- love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.