Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, May 15, 2014

A day on the farm

Three things to be happy about:
(1) new beginnings
(2) holding on
(3) knowing when to let go


Last month I had the pleasure of going to a real farm!

My neighbors Matt and Rachel who live across the street from me (part-time!) celebrated little Isaiah's 3rd birthday on their farm in Castleton, Virginia.



I'd never heard of Castleton before, but it's near Warrenton, about an hour and a half drive from my house.

I drove down with my neighbors Lauren, Eric and baby Nicklas.

Oh, and Dora the dog!



That day was one of those "spring is coming, let's enjoy the great weather" days!  We couldn't have asked for better weather.



I wanted to give Isaiah a quilt for his birthday and this jar quilt was the perfect one!  I named it "Isaiah's Secret Treasures."

I actually intended to give it to him for his 2nd birthday last year but for some reason it got pushed aside.




Birthday cake!

He discovered the icing tasted great off the edge of the knife, later for cutting the cake!





Rachel, his mom.

She was moving non-stop the whole time, there was a whole passel of grandparents and uncles and aunts and friends to take care of!








Bedtime, under the birthday quilt!


During the day I saw lots of cows but I didn't want to get close enough for a picture, too many cow pats (or is it cow flops?) to navigate!

Maybe I'll just call them pat flops, you get the picture... or not.

A large barn had tractors, hay mowers and lots and lots of bales of hay.



Oh, and great refreshments!

The refreshments included deep-fried catfish yum!  We ate it out of paper cups.

And ALSO a beverage that came in a mason jar!  Iced tea, wasn't it?

At least, I link it was piced flee...

Flow sorth and long life...



4 comments:

  1. Tee Hee - family farm parties with good food - the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iced tea, eh? :) It looks like you had a wonderful day spent in great company. And nothing is sweeter than seeing a little one sleeping under a quilt you made. That makes the day perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, city girl meets farm ... cow pies and all. What a wonderful birthday gift for that little boy and a special day for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun. Love the picture of the birthday boy sound asleep under his quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.