Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, May 5, 2014

Anniversary block swap

Three things to be happy about:
(1) finishing a project
(2) taking time for guilt-free relaxation
(3) other stuff!


At our April Wee Bee meeting we exchanged our 10th Anniversary blocks, what a great assortment!

First I wanted to show you the mouth-watering 10th anniversary cake Carolyn made, isn't it beautiful?  Carolyn is really talented with the cakes!

There were some clever block designs I wouldn't have thought of, such as size 10 flip flops and a ruler diagonally across the block:


There were counted items: a 10-year range of dates and 10 different batik fabrics in a block:



.

See the lady in the purple jacket?  Who the heck is that lady????  We finished the business part of our meeting and were gathering for lunch and - there she was!

She lined right up and just smiled and smiled... who is she? I figured maybe she was hungry and wandered in; Marlene fixed her a plate, she ate it and just sat and sat...



10 of hearts and an "X" representing roman numeral 10... I had to chuckle at the "tin" man, though  :o)

Lots of blocks incorporating the number "10"



A stitch in time...
saves TEN!

Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of everybody's blocks, there was a lot going on at the meeting, lots of energy in the room!  The presentation of the finished quilts will be at the June meeting, at the annual Community Day event; hopefully I'll get a few pictures of the finished quilts.

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later  :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the anniversary blocks. Cannot waite to see the quilt togeather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely time and what great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting for this swap for months and the blocks did not disappoint! It looks like you all had a good time and those blocks look great. How will this work, will everyone get a block or will they all be used in a quilt? What happens to the quilt? Yes I have a lot of questions this Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and that cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw my block, I saw my block. Displaying finished quilts in June, dang, I will be home for a short visit but leaving before the June meeting. I know, it's my lost (again).
    SAD FACE :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.