Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, May 6, 2014

And still they come...

Three things to be happy about:
(1) sleeping late
(2) that first morning cuppa
(3) visitors to my blog!

Thanks everyone for visiting and for your comments, I'm glad you didn't forget about me!



Today I'll share some more photos from the Faithful Circle quilt show, starting with a picture of the beautifully hand appliqued raffle quilt, Birds of a Feather.

I mentioned before that the Faithful Circle ladies are applique fanatics, what a beautiful quilt this is!

I'm pretty sure I didn't win -  the drawing was held on the last day of the quilt show, I waited and waited by the phone but alas, I didn't get a phone call!  sigh

They had quilts of all sizes -  you gotta love those small quilts!


and small helpers!

This one caught Sandy's eye as a future project:
I can't wait to see her spin on it!

This one is me ...
scrappy 9-patches cut on an angle!

I liked these also:


I like the simplicity of the design, and the oversized elephant!

That's all the pictures I'll show - you just can't capture all of a quilt show!  


  Sandy bought some beautiful batiks but I was able to resist, thinking about the annual Faithful Cirlcle Lancaster trip!

I did buy this iron caddy though, I thought it was cute and I've been wanting one.




Somehow I never thought of how the cord would interact with the bag, I'm sure I'll have to poke it out of the caddy when I pack in the iron.

No more pink towel in the trunk for me!


After the show Sandy and I had lunch at Clyde's in Columbia, by the lake.  It was such a pretty day, the sun was shining, the boats were so pretty on the lake - and we had a great time!

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on til later :o)


4 comments:

  1. Lovely eye candy again. I tuck my iron cord into the side - once it is folded up around the iron - the side folds makes a little pocket of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful way to start the morning. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I missed you...but it seems that you are back. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are super! I especially love those birds. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice show, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.