Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, May 17, 2014

Swap block progress

Three things to be happy about:
(1) birds on a road sign
(2) a ticking clock
(3) sculpture gardens


I made it out of the design slump I was in while trying to lay out my retreat swap blocks.  I had it in my mind to use the green batik-y fabric for sashing and the darker fabric for cornerstones.

However, I won't need cornerstones for the design I decided to go with.




Remember this layout?

It just wasn't coming together for me, but thanks to Gene's advice I thought "a-hah - medallion!"




This is the middle part, it looks great just as a small quilt!

I'll sew the quilt together in three rows...





Here's part of the middle row sewn together.

The two blocks will be added at the right side, then I'll add the top and bottom rows and sash the outside edges.

Progress is good!


Well today is quilt guild day, has it been a month already??!

It's also our annual guild tea, so it should be different and fun.  We'll have tea cakes, those cute little cookies, cucumber sandwiches ... the whole nine yards!

That's it for now, go out and have fun today, sew forth and sew on til later!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.