Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, May 19, 2014

Another top done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) fresh, ripe cantaloupe
(2) putting on the ritz
(3) a hug from a friend




At last -  the blocks from the 2011 scrapbag retreat are together!

It only took 3 years  ;o)



I used 3-1/2" sashing around the medallion in the middle and 2-1/2" everywhere else.

The sashing color doesn't photograph true to life, it looks a bit grey in the shot but it isn't.

It matches nicely with the main colors in the blocks.



I could add another border to the quilt, but frankly my goal was to get the blocks off the shelf and sewn together into a quilt.  This top is done!


Sew forth and sew on til later!

6 comments:

  1. I think it is done too - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were we in different groups? I do not see my block, and I do not think I have some of the block you got. It looks great, cann't wait to see it at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it looks, and it looks "done" to me. The "medallion" was the perfect choice for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the center chevron square and how the blocks are arranged around it. Nice fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That layout was a great solution and the sashing really ties it together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely -- and I grudgingly have to agree, red would not have worked......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.