Three things to be happy about:
(1) a good start
(2) a great finish
(3) the process in between
Now I need to decide how to quilt it so as to enhance the applique and embroidery blocks. I never thought to take close up shots of my block collection before I put them together, there are two pretty ones that are 3-D!
The four black blocks were tricky to place, I wanted to have one in each vertical and horizontal row, sort of a suduku (?) effect. Then I placed the red/pink/orange/red blocks along the other diagonal. (Wee Bee members, if this quilt is supposed to be secret, please cover the picture while you read the text!)
I thought it'd be a good idea to make little bread pudding muffins, so I wouldn't have to serve it out of the larger container. They came out just a bit dry on the top and sorta dense in the middle, yikes!
Next day when I nuked one the top was okay but it had a light, slightly spongy (or airy) texture in the middle... maybe it's the breads I used - cinnamon bread, wheat bread, raisin bagel...
They don't taste too bad, I just wouldn't want to offer them to comp'ny!
We learn, we make adjustments, we move right along ... sew forth and sew on!