Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, May 9, 2014

Moving right along

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a good start
(2) a great finish
(3) the process in between

Well, my 10-year anniversary top's all done - Marei was right, the top sashing border was too small!  I cut 3-1/2" sashing for the sides, so I needed the same size for top and bottom.

Now I need to decide how to quilt it so as to enhance the applique and embroidery blocks.  I never thought to take close up shots of my block collection before I put them together, there are two pretty ones that are 3-D!

The four black blocks were tricky to place, I wanted to have one in each vertical and horizontal row, sort of a suduku (?) effect.  Then I placed the red/pink/orange/red blocks along the other diagonal.  (Wee Bee members, if this quilt is supposed to be secret, please cover the picture while you read the text!)


On another subject, here's a great example of what NOT to do with bread pudding!

I thought it'd be a good idea to make little bread pudding muffins, so I wouldn't have to serve it out of the larger container.  They came out just a bit dry on the top and sorta dense in the middle, yikes!

Next day when I nuked one the top was okay but it had a light, slightly spongy (or airy) texture in the middle... maybe it's the breads I used - cinnamon bread, wheat bread, raisin bagel...

They don't taste too bad, I just wouldn't want to offer them to comp'ny!

We learn, we make adjustments, we move right along ... sew forth and sew on!


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see close ups of your anniversary blocks and I would probably eat those muffins--they look good to me.

    Gail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color placement of the darks on one angle and the pinks/reds on the other angle. Yes please, close-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.