Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, December 30, 2017

Two hundred geese

... with all the trimmings!


Yesterday's On Ringo Lake clue looks like the easiest one yet, we just have to cut some HST's and combine them with the units we made in the last part.

I pushed out the last few flying geese last night, leaving a virtual bird's nest of  trimmed slivers.



But before I reached that point there was a lot of this ...




Chain piecing, building up a log-jam of 2-for-1 goslings!




... pressing and pressing, we got it done! 


With working on the ORL units, I haven't kept up with other things I want to work on, so I'm taking a few non-mystery days to play catch up.

I need to make at least one item before our January Bee, as a Christmas exchange.

Quilt blocks are being requested for the five or six Veterans who are members of our guild.  As a guild we make and donate so many quilts for Veterans that we don't even know, our own Vets should have a quilt too!

This Christmas quilt top from a Bee block exchange was completed back in February 2016, and it's been laying around since then.  I'd like to quilt it before our next Bee, I blogged about it here.  That exchange was in 2015, oh my how time flies!

The little wonky churn dash blocks that were gently nudged aside in favor of the ORL units are waiting in the wings, need to get a few more of those done.  Looks like my work is cut out for me! 

That's it for now have a great Saturday; sew forth and sew on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.