Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Clipping those wings

You see, George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to throw it away?
-- Clarence the angel, It's a Wonderful Life

Don't you just love it when you have an "ah-hah!" moment? 

I was having a hit-or-miss experience with those flying geese units; I've made flying geese before, so I shouldn't have had so many duds.  As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I found my Deb Tucker Wing Clipper that I bought a few years ago tucked in a drawer, and I started using it to trim my Easy/Companion angle geese.  Using the clipper was easier than the Easy Square Junior, but I still had some bad units.

So I switched to the 4-at-a-time method using that ruler, and I couldn't believe how much more accurate my geese were! 

Since yesterday, using the ruler, I made over 30 more geese - and not one flop!  I'm now past the halfway point of the 200 units needed; at this rate I should be finished by the time Part 3 comes out on Friday.

One positive thing about making mistakes or going the wrong way around is that you learn not to make that particular mistake again.

Have a great Wednesday, it's the mid-point of the week.  Sew forth and sew on...

2 comments:

  1. You'll be there by Friday at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm past the halfway point, too, but had to stop and cut more fabric. I thought that mountain of triangles I first cut would be more than enough - wrong!
    (I'll have to go and check out that Tucker Wing Clipper - I'm sure I've watched a video about it at some point... I'm always happy to learn something, too!)


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.