Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Geese, with all the trimmings

Charlie Brown: I just don't understand Christmas, I guess.  I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards and decorating trees and all that, but I'm still not happy.  I always end up feeling depressed.
Linus Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. ... Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest.
-- A Charlie Brown Christmas




I've been herding my geese right along, I just wish I had time to sit and sew all day!

So far I've completed 70 "good" ones; unfortunately there were 10 that fell to earth.



Do these trimmings make me look busy??


I discovered another helper in a drawer that I didn't remember I had!  A couple years ago I bought a Deb Tucker Wing Clipper at the Hampton Quilt Show.  Up to now I was trimming the geese with my Easy Square Junior, but the Deb Tucker works better, with the unit sizes already marked.

We do what we do to get along ... sew forth and sew on til later.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your geese are flying along in formation! I love Deb Tucker rulers and have a few of them. I would love to get the Wing Clipper but I'm a Quilt In A Day geese girl and already have all of those. Since they work for me for once I have to leave Deb alone, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb Tucker’s ruler is the one I use. I like it a lot. Glad you found yours. I think the more you use it, the more you will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.