Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, December 28, 2017

Ringo assembly line




Is that a big omelet, or what? 

And two biscuits?

Whatever ...


Yesterday reminded me yet again that it's winter time, brrrrr!  There were a few snow flakes that I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been outside.


I bought a lot of sweet potatoes while they were on sale for 2 lbs/$1, and I put some in the oven while I worked on the flying geese for Part 5 of the On Ringo Lake mystery.  After peeling, I'll bag some of them and put them in the freezer (the potatoes, not the geese!)

I also put a beef stew in the crock pot, since it could cook while I worked.  I don't do anything special to my stew, I just coat the beef with McCormick's crock pot beef stew seasoning and flour, brown it in hot oil and toss it in the pot with water mixed with some of the leftover flour.  About an hour before it finishes cooking I add frozen veggies and sliced onions.


The geese are going together assembly line style: mark and sew a batch of 20, cut apart, trim, do it all again!  I like no-brainer work.

How many have I done?  Probably around 50-60, I dunno.  On the other hand I can work exclusively on this step because I finished all the Part 4 aqua/brown units!


I reached a point where I realized I was using the same dozen or so neutral fabrics over and over and over again, so I pulled a few more from the neutral bin to add more variety. 

I'll cut these today, then I'll be back at it until it's finished: mark and sew a batch of 20, cut apart, trim, do it all again!

Have a great Thursday, stay warm, sew forth and sew on ...

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing the four-at-a-time geese, or the slice-the-squares-into-triangles method? (I've been companion angle/easy angle-ing them. I always tell myself I'm going to do the four-at-a-time trick, then forget...)
    Enjoy that stew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, look at those lovely neutrals. that one on the far right -- yes! so, do you do anything special with the potatoes when you pull them out of the freezer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.