Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, January 7, 2017

Trimming up

Three things to be happy about:
(1) clear sinuses
(2) playing bingo on Facebook
(3) finding sweet potatoes on sale


Yesterday at Shoppers Food Warehouse I found sweet potatoes on sale - they were calling them red-fleshed yams, but to me they just looked like regular ole sweet potatoes!

Whatever the name, at 2 lbs for $1.00 I got a few pounds to add to my frozen tater collection.  I've usually had good experience with potatoes from Shoppers, they have such a good taste!

I also got a package of this spice since it was on the "come-on" shelf above the potato bin; never noticed it before.

Here's my progress on the En Provence mystery, step 6:

I sewed and sewed before something else grabbed my attention...

Twenty units already pieced and trimmed, 44 more to trim and stack neatly away before moving on to step 7!

And as for the pile of leftover strips on my cutting table...
shall I straighten it out now, or wait til later?

I agree, I'll leave it for later!  

Sew forth and sew on ...

1 comment:

  1. Later is always better! And besides, you might need those strips again right off. (That's always my excuse, anyway...)
    Terrific looking hourglasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.