Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 26, 2017

More EP progress

Three things to be happy about:
(1) digital cameras
(2) fresh fruit
(3) Deer Park water


Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

Three quadrants are done on my EP quilt - moving right along!

I need to cut some more green and yellow strips because by now I'm starting to repeat the same fabrics a little too often.





I didn't want to start in sewing right away today, I've been wanting (not really) to tackle my kitchen cabinets and clean them out.

Powdered sugar, beans, bread crumbs, muffin cups - a lot of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for a very long time and should be used or tossed!



Honey, old spices ... poultry seasoning, orange peel, red pepper flakes, green food coloring.

Two containers of baking powder, I hardly ever bake!

How long has that been hanging around?

Several people have blogged how they spend 15 minutes on a drawer or an hour on something else to bring it into submission.

Should I spend an hour ... 15 minutes?   2 hours??


This is what I decided:

I think I'll go and cut some more 2" strips!

Sew forth and sew on

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your EP is looking just fabulous. I did my kitchen cupboards last year - threw out anything baking as I haven't baked in years. Foods I no longer ear went. Dishes and appliances I haven't used in years - donated to our Fire Victims Fund. Now I have everything I do use on ONLY the lowest shelf - why do they make those upper shelves you can't reach????

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....that would be my choice too. Your EP is looking wonderful. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's my philosophy, too. If there are doors to shut, then shut them...
    Your EP is gorgeous, and look at you go! I worked on mine today and I now have one block left to sew. Or four blocks left to sew. Still dithering about final size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, that's exactly what my mind would say too.....good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.