Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 12, 2017

One quadrant done

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a new recipe
(2) playing Bingo on Facebook
(3) Ritz crackers with cheddar cheese

I know cheese isn't that great for your body, especially when that body is in it's mid-sixties, but I think I come by my love of cheese honestly.

I remember when we were kids and would go visit my grandparents, we'd all go running to Pa Brown because we knew he'd have vanilla wafers and cheese in his pocket.  He'd give us some and say "don't tell you mama now!" because he knew mama didn't want us to have all that hard cheese.  So you see, I come by my love of cheese honestly!



I worked a bit on my En Provence quilt yesterday, managed to get a quadrant done before I stopped for the day.

At least two other people that I saw in the Mystery Monday linky are doing their quilt in quadrants to make it easier to handle.  I think it's a great idea!

So quadrants, it is.
Looking at my purple four-patches, I was thinking I may have to redo some because the light/dark contrast isn't that great.  See what I mean at the left?

Then I thought I'd just leave them alone - for one thing I don't have a large variety of light purples and I'd have a lot of repeats.  I do NOT want to buy more fabric, it won't be the end of the world to leave those low-contrast blocks in.  Maybe.

Sew forth and sew on

5 comments:

  1. I love cheese also and apart from the fat content, why should it be bad for you? Taken in moderation of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the contrast is that bad. You still see the pattern with them. It's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't occur to me to pair vanilla wafers with cheese! That said, we always had cheese growing up and as an adult I still do.
    When I assembled EP I sewed sashings to one side of the blocks. Then I put the cornerstones on one end of the rest of the sashings and sewed the resulting unit to each of the block-with-sashing. That resulting sashed blocks were 18 x 18....Maybe quadrants would have been easier to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking quadrants are the way to go, too. Though I have yet to even assemble one of the blocks...
    Mmmm... cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've done a few quilts by quadrant and I find it's much easier....or maybe it's just looking at a portion instead of the whole thing isn't as overwhelming.....I often will sash 2 sides of the blocks as I go along. makes putting them together a breeze. cheese, yum. cheese and vanilla wafers -- hhmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.