Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, January 23, 2017

Good things

Three things to be happy about:
(1) blue butterflies
(2) retractable pencils
(3) bread pudding

I made a bread pudding for dinner yesterday that was spot on!  I like to make mine with half regular bread and half raisin - or leftover raisin bagels. No nuts, no gourmet sauce, nothing special - just plain ole bread pudding like mama used to make!  Come to think of it, mama used leftover biscuits.

Whatever.


Another part of my dinner included these delicious, creamy mashed potatoes!

When we were at Disney World last June, grocery shopping at the Walmart, my sister picked up these Ore Ida potatoes.  They were quick and easy to prepare, and they really were very good.

So ... when I saw them at the Giant yesterday I picked up a bag on impulse.




The entire package of potatoes was too much to fix at once, so these Ziploc Zip 'n Steam bags came in handy.

Easy to use - just load the bag, microwave it, stir and serve!



Meanwhile...

I'm still sewing away at the EP bits and pieces!

Sashing units and green/yellow/neutral units are being pieced along with the main 15" blocks.


And last but not least, one more good thing - I got "The Birthday Dollar" on Friday!!

If you've read my blog for awhile you might know that this dollar has been passed between my sisters and me for years and years.  My birthday isn't until January 25, but The Dollar comes to the birthday girl on her birthday, she signs it and passes it to the next person on her birthday.  But not without drama!  You can read a more detailed story about The Birthday Dollar in this post.

That's it for now, have a great Monday, sew forth and sew on til later...

2 comments:

  1. I love the story of that birthday dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered steam & mash a few years ago -- the easiest way to do mashed taters! I've not seen the Zip n Steam. Will have to see if our stores here in the middle of nowhere have them, probably not.

    I love the story of your birthday dollar and how extra special it is now. Happy Belated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.