Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Saturday, January 21, 2017

Perspective

Three things to be happy about (compliments of my friend Pat):
(1) filet mignon
(2) poinsettias that last
(3) waking up to sunshine

Did you ever want to know how to do something, but didn't want to take the time to learn it?

I want to do a perspective drawing for a quilt - I found tutorials on the internet, but I'm too impatient to sit down and do the exercises!

One thing I learned off the bat is you start with a horizontal line and place a dot somewhere on that line representing the farthest, or vanishing, point.

So I learned that much, anyway!


This is a silhouette that I found among my bits and pieces a few weeks ago. I want to use it - it already has fusible on the back and besides, it's a really kewl silhouette!

I've pieced a few more of the hourglass blocks that will surround the central block, I think it will look nice.

My idea is to have the couple dancing in the street, with buildings on one side of them.  The challenge is, in order to be realistic the buildings closest to the couple need to be larger than their 11" height.  So, rather than drawing buildings and inserting figures that fit, I need to draw the buildings to fit the figures.  BUT I want a wall hanging, not a full sized quilt!

More on that later, I'll keep practicing and see what I come up with.

I needed something to give me a break from my EP which is about half done.  I say "about" because I made a second quadrant but when I went to sew the two pieces together - I discovered I'd left off the top sashing for that quadrant!


Now how'd that happen??  Back to the sewing board; I'll keep plugging away at it, but doing other things in between, just for variety.

That's it for now, sew forth and sew on...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Picture a really big hourglass block. Now set your couple near the center. Instant street and buildings...
    Love your EP! I've decided to do mine 3x3 blocks, so quadrants aren't going to work. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to following your progress on this as this is something I am totally clueless about ho to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.