Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 5, 2017

I'm waving the flags!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) the giant HOLLYWOOD sign
(2) the ripple effect of kindness
(3) impressionist paintings

Yesterday while I was waiting in the dentist's office a sweet little lady came in and was looking around at the abstract paintings on the walls as she was waiting her turn at the counter.  I had to smile when she approached a 5 or 6 year old who'd just come from his appointment (his mom was at the counter) and asked him "do you like the paintings?"  He looked at her with a curious expression, then looked at the paintings and said "what paintings?"

Little kids are like a boxa choklits - you never know what you're gonna ge-yet.


I've slowed down a bit on sewing the En Provence mystery units, a lot of other stuff is popping into first place.

But I'm back working on it - here come the flags!


I was telling Gayle of Mangofeet that the skinny little tip on those QST units keep wanting to wiggle even though I hold onto them til the end - ouch!

My solution?  A smidge of Elmer's glue at the very tip - a little dab'll do ya!



Potato / po-tah-to

Whatever it takes, eh?

All I know is - it works for me!



So here are the units done so far ...

Six completed, plus enough flags pieced to make eleven more.

Thank goodness it's not a race!  I finished the 2015 mystery in February 2016, I talked about it in this post.

So I'm confident I can finish this one within two more months or so.


I also have another flag to fly - see that pretty neutral on top?

Leaving the dentist yesterday I remembered there was a little variety store close by that sold fabric.  I popped in to check for a few more neutrals, and I got lucky!

Not only had their fabric quality gone up, but their Christmas fabric was 50% off.  I got a total of 10 quarter-yard cuts; when she was toting up the price for the Christmas fabric she said "oh heck, I want to get rid of this!"  I had 7 sale pieces, she charged me $4 for the bunch!

Wave a flag today, you can find one someplace; sew forth and sew on...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'll have to try that glue trick. (I bought some glue sticks recently - I wonder what I did with them?)
    Nice score on the neutrals! I'm trying to keep a sharper eye out for them myself, thanks to Bonnie's influence. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a technique works for you - keep it. Nice sale and nice fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.