Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, January 9, 2017

Ganging together

Three things to be happy about:
(1) Monday mornings
(2) cell phones
(3) polka dots

The gang's all here [honk honk]

Honker and Dinger are excited about their colors all together in a quilt - with a French name, no less:  En Provence, ooh la la!

Can you tell they're happy?

Me too, it's a gorgeous quilt, full of happy scrappy fabrics and the smell of sunshine!


When step 7 was posted and the finished quilt was revealed, I wanted to jump right in and start sewing my blocks together!

After finishing step 6, it was easy enough to cut the 3-1/2" yellow squares in step 7 using my GO die - piece 'o cake!

I tossed in all the yellows that wanted to come along.




So, now I'm piecing the main blocks, but also piecing the green/yellow/neutral units as leader/enders.





Ooops, what's wrong with this picture?

I did this twice - slow down!



The blocks sew up easily and I'm loving the way they look all sewn together!

I made two so far, I haven't sewn any of the sashing units yet.



Looking good!

Thanks for stopping by, now go on over to the En Provence linky at Quiltville and see what everybody else has done for steps 6 and 7!

Enjoy your Monday, sew forth and sew on til later

7 comments:

  1. Did you use any other Accuquilt dies in this mystery? And if so, how did that work out. I tried using the Triangle in a Square die (3" finished), but I couldn't get it to come out the right width, so I was hesitant to buy the Quarter Square die for fear I would have the same trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your monkey peaking around the corner is adorable! Great blocks and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for the monkey!
    Your blocks are beautiful! And I'm so impressed with how much you've already got done! (I've still got miles and miles of bits to sew together...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monkey! Polka dots make me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I did that same mistake in sewing the hourglass blocks! My seam ripper got quite a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little monkey! I don't think I have used my seam ripper as much as on the EnProvence project! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun fabrics you have in your project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.