Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

4, 4, 3-2-1

Three things to be happy about:
(1) shoes with wiggle room
(2) opening a new container of coffee
(3) being alert to changes

In my last post I described the kewl new printer I bought, I don't think I mentioned I got it at Costco.  Well, the day after I bought it I got my new Costco sales book and guess what goes on sale January 31 with an additional $75 off!???  You guessed it - the very printer I bought!  I didn't get around to installing it - thank goodness for procrastination - so guess what I'll be doing in a few days...

I didn't get a chance to really get into any sewing yesterday but I did make a couple more of those four inch blocks - remember them?  Here's the completed group.  I like the way this one turned out (sorry about the fuzziness):
I wanted to make the top outer border narrower than the other three, and the left inner border a bit wider. 

And this one was made using a leftover piece from the one above:

hmmm... I should have put the light piece at the wide end of the triangle, but it'll fly.

Two four inch blocks to add to my group, that makes a total of 37!  You can see all my four inch blocks on my flickr page, the link is at the right.

And now for the 3-2-1 part of the post - I saw this recipe for a 3-2-1 cake on someone's blog, I'm sorry I can't give credit but I don't remember who it was.  I googled it and found the recipe, and believe me it's super easy to make! 

If you want just a little bit of sweetness and don't want to buy (or bake) a whole cake, this can do the trick.  You mix together two boxes of cake mix (one of which has to be angel food) and place it in a baggie - I chose lemon for my second flavor.  Be sure to mix them really well.  When you want a quick fix, measure out 3 tablespoons of cake mix, stir in 2 tablespoons of water, microwave it for 1 minute.  They suggest putting it in a mug, but I used a one-cup sized glass bowl that worked perfectly.

I placed a piece of dark chocolate on the batter before I baked it - you really need a little something, maybe a spoon of icing or marshmallow creme to ice it with.

The cake comes out very spongy and it's a quick, tasty treat!  Now I'm stuck with a big ole bagful of cake mix, LOL.

That's it for now, have a great Wednesday... sew forth and sew on til later!

4 comments:

  1. I tried a recipe for a cake in a mug, it didn't turn out well at all. Sigh, but it was all single ingredients and no egg. This would get egg from the angel food cake mix. Maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They told us about the 3,2,1 cake in a cup or mug (minus the chocolate ;-> ) at weight watchers a few weeks ago. It sounds easy and tasty, if you like cake. Like you said, you end up with a big ole bagful of cake mix, which I don't really need. It does sound good, enjoy. ;-> Toni Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. $75 more to spend on fabric! ;-)
    Yippppeeeeeeeeee!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been spying this printer for over a month. We are waiting for it to go on sale for less than $229.99, which seems to be the going price everywhere even though the suggested retail price is $299.99. Based on your post, we just checked the Costco ad online and this printer is listed there for $229.99, like everywhere else. So, I'm assuming that you paid closer to $299.99. We are not Costco members, because there isn't one close to home. We are members of Sam's Club which is located in my neighborhood. Now, we are wondering if the price you see is different than what's posted online, because you are a Costco member.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.