Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's shaping up!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) friendly doormats
(2) turtlenecks
(3) wet snow for snowballs

The weather here in the District has been cold cold, but we haven't had any snow yet - they keep promising "maybe" though.  When I went out to start my car it took a few seconds longer to turn over, I hope I won't have problems because of the frigid temperatures!

While the electrician was here yesterday he isolated the problems and took care of all the faulty wiring, and I'm back up and running.  There's also an old breaker box that was in the basement when I bought the house that's being used as a junction; he thinks maybe there had been a fire at some point and the wires were re-wrapped or something.  He suggested that I get those wires replaced when I get the chance... no immediate danger but it's something that wouldn't hurt to get done - after 38 years!

I'm still working on the mini design boards that I'll take to my bee meeting on Saturday, I got a few done yesterday while the electrician was here.   Fortunately he only had to zap the power on the main level, I was doing my hot-gluing upstairs.

These boards work up quickly and are easy to make, and the fabric trim around the edges can make them really cute!  There are a few more pieces of trim to stitch, I can do that today or tomorrow and they'll be ready to roll out.

At our guild meeting on last Saturday, Pat gifted me with lots and lots of scraps!  As you know, I like "other people's" scraps because they're more interesting than my own.  Don't you just love digging into bags full of scraps?  It's like Forrest Gump's box o choklits - you never know what you're gonna get!

There was lots of good stuff stuffed in those bags!  A great mish-mash of scrappy goodness - I'm loving it!

 
Some strips that I already know how I'll use; I wonder what Pat was working on?  I think I recognize that bright striped piece!





Some good-sized trimmings that I can use for scrap yardage - hmmm, I need scrap yardage to make more of those "South of Baltimore" blocks, I really need to finish up that project.  Maybe this year for sure?


I love digging through scraps, and if I could just stay focused and finish up my short-term projects, I could play with my scraps with a clear conscience!  For sure I'll make some more of those tiny little colorful houses that I made with Rosa's scraps, they don't need much fabric.

Well that's it for now, have a great Thursday - sew forth and sew on!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are fixed around the homestead and that enjoying scrappy happiness. It just doesn't get better than that....except for maybe eating some Cherry Garcia ice cream while playing with your scraps. Or is that just me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about your South of Baltimore block. Sounds like something I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.