Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Guild fun


Three things to be happy about:
(1) a sigh of relief
(2) theater seats with cup holders
(3) wearing your best colors

Yesterday was guild day, the first one of the year.  I think this will be a good year, there are lots of things on the plate to do and participate in!  First up will be a mini quilt show at a church the end of next month; someone asked us to display some quilts for a program honoring their pastor; more on that later!

Lots of fun at the meeting this month - there were fashion statements:


... yummy-licious fabrics for sale from the Fabric Peddler, Nadine:

a raffle quilt by Daughters of Dorcas won by our member Jackie S:

and as usual our lovely show n tell quilts:
school house quilt by Janice

Jackie T's beautiful African quilt
here are two detail shots:

Jackie always does it up good!

Saturday morning I was a-drooping but by the end of guild meeting I was a-smiling!  If you aren't a member of a guild, consider joining one - it'll lift your spirits right up!  I've never left one of our meetings without being richer for the experience.

That's all for now, have a great Sunday - sew forth and sew on!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.