Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy birthday to me...

... Happy birthday to me
Today is my birthday,
Happy birthday to meeee! 

Three things to be happy about:
(1) happy tunes
(2) a stash of candy
(3) the difference a day makes

Today I reach the grand ole age of ... one year older!  What a difference a day (or a decade or five) makes; here I am at 7 (I think).  This was my second grade picture:

grade-school photo
My mother made that dress, in fact she made all our clothes.  I can remember her taking my father's old pants and cutting them down to make skirts for us.  Did she do it to recycle or "go green" or "upcycle"?  Nope, the simple truth is she couldn't afford to buy us new clothes so she used what she had!  She would save flour and feed sacks, cut around the words to make our clothes.  If the feedsacks were white, she'd bleach out all the writing, then make the clothes.

I was a senior in high school when this was taken for the year book:
high-school photo

Ahhh, so young and innocent - and thin!  My older sister Faye loaned me her necklace, she was a great sister. 

Shortly before (or after) my 40th birthday, this was taken for my church directory:

for church directory

And this one was taken a couple weeks ago in Sandy's quilt studio:
January 2013

Graying hair, dry skin ... I've hardly changed at all, right??  ;o)

Have a great Friday, make someone's day, sew forth and sew on...


26 comments:

  1. You are beautiful at any age. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to a fellow january babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely. My hair has been colored since I was 23.. LOL. It is a lovely shade of Loreal! If not for that it would be WHITE! But you have a wonderful birthday and do something joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Linda~
    Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Linda. Your eyes still have that sweet excitement in them that says "today is an adventure" That is a wonderful spirit to keep. Have a blessed year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Linda and many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You haven't changed a bit! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No change at all!!!! Have a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Linda. You've barely changed since you were that young innocent girl. You still have that lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy B-day.You still have your beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful and blessed birthday to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aged to perfection! That beautiful smile is still there and still going strong. That's what counts!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, have a wonderful and happy birthday. You were even blessed with a little snow to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 4 beautiful pictures of a beautiful youth/teen/woman. Have a wonderful birthday and the best year EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a happy, blessed, cake laden birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Happy Birthday My Dear Friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA, I HOPE YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE! IT'S AMAZING HOW MUCH YOU HAVE NOT CHANGED. GRAYING HAIR IS A BLESSING. ONE OF MY BROTHERS IS CELEBRATING HIS BIRTHDAY TODAY TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are still looking good through the years. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Linda! I hope you had a wonderful day, heck enjoy the whole birthday weekend!
    My dad was born on Jan. 25 th also and I always said I was his birthday present as my birthday is Jan. 29th.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like wine and cheese, you only get better! Belated Happy Birthday!
    I'm glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Belated Birthday! I can still see that second grader in your current photo. Like you, I plan to grow older gracefully--no hair dying for me! By the way, bangs, like Michelle Obama's, hide those pesky grays around the hairline. Did you notice the few gray strands in her hair? Whenever I wear my hair pulled back, I'm offered the senior discounts. So, I think I'm going to get bangs too.

    By the way, my oldest sister turned 65 on the official Inauguration Day, January 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  22. (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*
    ´¸.•
    ´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥Happy Birthday Linda•.¸¸.♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.