Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 30, 2017

Churn dashes, scrappy triangle

Three things to be happy about:
(1) bright colored fabrics
(2) fried cabbage
(3) hand made gifts

I spent part of yesterday working on more of those little churn dash blocks.  There was quite a traffic jam behind the presser foot! 

I like to sew the corners and sides on an entire block layout at once, just string em along.  You're looking at something like 13 blocks, ready to be pressed and trimmed.


These little blocks are easy enough to piece, but I was having backache issues bending over my cutting table to trim that many units at one time.

But yesterday a light bulb went off: why not raise the height of the cutting table, from the surface??  (As opposed to placing risers under the table legs, which don't exist.)

A simple project container, with a spare piece of shelving placed on top for stability!  This works perfectly for my 12 x 18" cutting mat.  In the past I had moved all my stuff to the kitchen counter, which is a little higher and it helped a bit - but this is much, much better!



Cootie trimming!

Clipping those little background bits from behind the green bits got done while catching up on the Outlander episodes I recorded.



And last but not least, block 8 of the Year of Scrappy Triangles sew-along.

This is the first one I made with variations of just one color; interesting but the fabrics sort of bleed together.  Oh well...



We've come to the last day of another month, November just flew by!  Have a great Thursday, do something fun, sew forth and sew on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.