Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, November 27, 2017

So far, so good

Three things to be happy about:
(1) falling leaves
(2) triplets
(3) mint-flavored floss

Well, here we are, practically at the end of another month!  Where has November gone??

It's three days since the first clue of the 2017 Quiltville mystery was released, and I dug right in.

I dug right into my what-a-mess bin of 1-1/2" strips, that is!  The only usable strips I found for this mystery are neutrals and maybe 4 dark brown strips.  I want to use up all of these before I cut into yardage, although it means repeating a lot of fabrics.  No worries, my goal is to use up what's already been cut and wallowing around in there for far, far too long.  I have no idea where the first clue will end up in the quilt, but based on Bonnie's previous mysteries I know the repeated neutrals won't detract from it.

I'd really be doing myself a favor it I straightened out that bin, once and for all!



My creative space ...

Oh Santa, please bring me a quilt studio for Christmas with lots of sewing space and a decent design wall that I can actually stand in front of!



And last but not least, my accomplishments since Friday...

I finished 20 of the 50 blocks needed for this first step with more being sewn up.

Is that enough for now, after three days?  Sure it is!  I'll be linking up with the Quiltville mystery page, so you can go see what everybody else is doing.

As for right now, I put on a crock pot of steel cut oats before going to bed last night, they should be just about ready now.  Sew forth and sew on ...

5 comments:

  1. You're well on your way and they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think any repeated neutrals will disappear right into the finished quilt. Love your turquoises!
    If Santa brings you a studio w/ design wall, will you send him my way next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 9-patches look great! I am loving seeing everyone's blocks so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you had the strips already in your stash. You have all week to finish the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. Love the colors this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.